from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Punjabi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Punjabi.
- n. Alternative form of Punjabi.
- proper n. Alternative form of Punjabi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Indo-European language prevailing in the Panjab (Punjaub, ‘Five Rivers’), in northwestern India, related to Hindi, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Indic language spoken by most people in Punjab in northwestern India
- n. a member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India
From Persian پنج (panj) (five) + آب (āb) (water) = The Land of Five Rivers + Persic adjectival form ی (ī). (Wiktionary)