from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Fabaceae — the palo verde.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A small genus of spiny shrubs or small trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of leguminous trees of the suborder Cæsalpinieæ and the tribe Eucæsalpinieæ, having a slightly imbricate or valvate calyx, and linear pod.
- n. A genus of pachycampylous Jurassic ammonites of the family Reineckidæ, section Morphoceratida of Hyatt's classification.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small genus of spiny shrubs or small trees
Named after the English botanist John Parkinson. (Wiktionary)