from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Hinduism Shiva's wife and the benevolent manifestation of the mother goddess Devi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Hindu goddess, the goddess of love, devotion and power; nominally the second consort of Shiva, the Hindu god of destruction and rejuvenation.
- proper n. A female given name used in India.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi; the goddess of plenty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Hindu divinity: same as Durga.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi: Hindu goddess of plenty
Sanskrit Pārvatī, from pārvatī, mountain stream, from parvataḥ, mountain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Sanskrit पार्वती (Pārvatī). (Wiktionary)