from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Patrick, Saint A.D. 389?-461? Christian missionary and patron saint of Ireland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal variant of partridge.
- n. A base coin, the eighth of a denier, authorized for Ireland in 1460, under Henry VI.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Apostle and patron saint of Ireland; an English missionary to Ireland in the 5th century
The name of an Irish saint, latinized as Patricius "patrician"; it might originally represent some lost Celtic name. (Wiktionary)