from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or resident of Peking (Beijing).
- n. The Chinese dialect of Peking.
- n. Any of a breed of small dog developed in China, having a flat nose, a long-haired coat, short bowed forelegs, and a tail that curls over its back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. a native or inhabitant of Beijing (formerly Peking)
- n. A small toy dog from China.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle
Peking + -ese (Wiktionary)