from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a breed of gray or black draft horse originally used in France for drawing artillery and heavy coaches but now bred in other countries for general purposes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a breed of draught horses originating in Perche, a former district of France.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a breed of draught horses originating in Perche, an old district of France; -- called also Percheron-Norman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Noting a horse of a breed brought to perfection in Perche, a region of northern France, south of Normandy.
- n. A horse of the Percheron breed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of a breed of grey or black draft horses originally used in France to draw heavy coaches or artillery
French, from Perche, a historical region of northwest France.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French. (Wiktionary)