from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the geologic time period from approximately 570 million years ago to the present, comprising the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic eras, and marked by an abundance of fossil evidence of life, especially higher forms, in the corresponding rocks. See Table at geologic time.
- n. The Phanerozoic Eon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the geologic eon from about 570 million years ago to the present; comprises the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic eras.
- proper n. The Phanerozoic eon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to animals that live in places that are exposed to the daylight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the period from about 5,400 million years ago until the present
Greek phaneros, visible (from phainein, to cause to appear) + -zoic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
phanero- + -zoic (Wiktionary)