from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A trademark used for a specially treated, transparent plastic capable of polarizing light passing through it, used in glare-reducing optical devices.
- A trademark used for a camera and film that produce instant photographs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A camera that develops its own film.
- n. A print from such a camera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (trade mark) a plastic film that can polarize a beam of light; often used in sunglasses to eliminate glare
Genericized trademark. (Wiktionary)