from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting northeast Nebraska near the Niobrara River, with present-day populations in Oklahoma and Nebraska. The Ponca are closely related to the Omaha in language and history.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Siouan language of the Ponca, dialectally related to Omaha.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Dhegiha dialect spoken by the Ponca
- n. a member of the Siouan people of the Missouri river valley in northeastern Nebraska
Sorry, no etymologies found.