from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A borough of central New Jersey north-northeast of Trenton. Founded by Quakers in 1696, it is the seat of Princeton University (established in 1746 as the College of New Jersey and renamed in 1896). George Washington defeated the British here in January 1777. Population: 13,700.
- MountPrinceton A mountain, 4,330 m (14,197 ft) high, in the Sawatch Range of the Rocky Mountains in central Colorado.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. a town in New Jersey.
- proper n. a private university in the aforementioned town.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a university in New Jersey
- n. a university town in central New Jersey
Sorry, no etymologies found.
ROBERT GEORGE, MCCORMICK PROFESSOR OF JURISPRUDENCE, PRINCETON UNIVERSITY: What ` s impressive about the students here at Princeton is that so many students have been involved in actively opposing the hook-up culture.
PRINCETON - Dan Mavraides scored 20 points and Princeton pulled away early in an 82-58 rout over Yale on Friday night.
PRINCETON 82, YALE 58 Dan Mavraides scored 20 points and host Princeton pulled away early.
PRINCETON - Matt Mullery scored 15 points and Steve Gruber sank two free throws with 8 seconds left, leading Brown to a 57-54 win over Princeton on Saturday.
PRINCETON -- The Sugar Shak in Princeton says business is up, and several people are snatching up goodies.
PRINCETON, NJ - UNC Greensboro trimmed a 15-point deficit to three with just over a minute to play, but Princeton made 11 of 12 free throws in the final minute to hold on for a 65-55 win Saturday afternoon at Jadwin Gym.
PRINCETON - An ordinary fan may have mistaken the Princeton student section for a soccer crowd as they spent the entire night chanting and singing for their beloved Tigers.
PRINCETON - Pawel Buczak and Dan Mavraides each had three 3-pointers as Princeton outshot Cornell from long range and rolled to a 61-41 win Friday night.
March 30th, 2009 PRINCETON, New Jersey - With Photo - Travel Assistance Company is First in its Industry to Optimize Mobile Web Experience for Members Assist America, Princeton, N.J., the premier provider of global emergency services through employee benefit plans, has launched Assist America (R) Mobile, an optimization of the company's website for users of Apple's iPhone.
SPARTANS DOWN CANISIUS AND SPLIT WITH PRINCETON: Freshman pitcher Amanda Pridmore picked up a pair of wins, her fifth and sixth of the season, and San Jose State pounded out 10 hits in victories against Canisius and Princeton.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.