from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of north-central Utah south-southeast of Salt Lake City. It was settled by Mormons in 1849 and is the seat of Brigham Young University (established 1875). Population: 114,000.
- n. One of the members of an extremist faction of the Irish Republican Army.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Provisional IRA.
- n. A member of the Provisional IRA.
- proper n. A Dutch counterculture movement of the 1960s.
- proper n. A city in Utah.
- proper n. A city in South Dakota.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in north central Utah settled by Mormons
PROVO - Officials suspect that 10 grass fires - five in Ogden and five in Provo - that started within 45 minutes of each other Tuesday were intentionally set.
PROVO -- Provo firefighters have had a rare opportunity this week to train with new equipment in a donated home.
PROVO -- The sound of gunfire disrupted a quiet lunch at a popular restaurant in Provo.
PROVO -- In an age of DNA and other high-tech crime solving technology, Provo police found some simple fingerprints helped them to crack the case of several unsolved car burglaries.
PROVO â�� An LDS bishop in Provo, acting as a spokesman for the two families involved in a fatal accidental shooting Friday night identified the victim as Katelyn Mikolasy, 16.
PROVO -- A suspected gang member is behind bars again after his alleged involvement in a weekend gang fight in Provo.
The most known name in Provo is Eathyn Manumaleuna.
A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Provo is accused of waterboarding an employee in front of his sales team to demonstrate that they should work as hard on sales as the employee had worked to breathe.
Humor U produces more than 40 shows a year for more than 12,000 people who live in Provo, Utah and hundreds of thousands on YouTube.
Project Read, based in Provo, Utah, has been chosen by Reading Horizons as its featured site for donations.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.