from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of north-central Utah south-southeast of Salt Lake City. It was settled by Mormons in 1849 and is the seat of Brigham Young University (established 1875). Population: 114,000.
- n. One of the members of an extremist faction of the Irish Republican Army.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Provisional IRA.
- n. A member of the Provisional IRA.
- proper n. A Dutch counterculture movement of the 1960s.
- proper n. A city in Utah.
- proper n. A city in South Dakota.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in north central Utah settled by Mormons
Shortening and alteration of Provisional (Wing), name of the faction.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortened from the Provisional Wing of the IRA. (Wiktionary)
From French provocateur. (Wiktionary)
Named after the mountain man and trapper Étienne Provost. (Wiktionary)