from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Greek Mythology Of or relating to Delphi, the temple of Apollo at Delphi, or its oracle.
- adj. Of or relating to the Pythian games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. a native or inhabitant of Delphi
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Delphi, to the temple of Apollo, or to the priestess of Apollo, who delivered oracles at Delphi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Delphi, or to the priestess of Apollo at Delphi, who there delivered oracles.
From Latin Pȳthius, from Greek Pūthios, from Pūthō, ancient name of Delphi.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin Pythius, from Ancient Greek πύθιος belonging to Pytho, the older name of Delphi and its environs: compare French pythien. (Wiktionary)