- n. with "the" A fox hunt (established 1696) in Leicestershire; the Quorn hunt is one of the world's oldest fox-hunting packs, and claims to be the United Kingdom's most famous hunt.
- n. A village (formerly Quorndon) in Leicestershire, England, UK.
- n. A town in South Australia.
- n. trademark A mycoprotein-based food product used as a substitute for meat.
- After the name of the village in Leicestershire. (Wiktionary)
“But the group, the Center for Science in the Public Interest, also is persisting in a food-safety campaign to warn consumers about what it says are rare but potentially violent food reactions from a popular meat substitute called Quorn.”
“Dinner is usually on the early side and consisting of a meat subsitute like "Quorn" or seitan plus vegetables and a sauce.”
“You’d never guess some products, such as Quorn, contained eggs in the first place.”
“But things get a little murkier, it seems, when meat substitutes such as Quorn (a factory-produced fungus known as”
“Vegan blogger QuarryGirl calls the market a "vegan-friendly oasis" because of beloved products like Blissed Out Chocolate and brands Gardein, Quorn, and Fry's in stock.”
“After working on farms and sheep stations, Uncle Jim Richman (above) took up land near Mount Brown some miles south of Quorn in the Flinders Ranges, a venture presumably subsidized by his parents.”
“This may sound far-fetched, but you only have to visit your nearest supermarket to find "engineered" products in the form of soya meat options and Quorn.”
“Many Quorn consumers buy it because they want to lose weight, because it's convenient, or because they think it is healthier than meat, according to its manufacturers.”
“Meat substitutes, such as the fungus-derived protein Quorn, appear to be flourishing too, with sales up 9% in the last three months.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Quorn’.
all of these are from 7 English
dictionaries and Macquarie dictionary
I havent listed capitalized ones yet
but Viagra would be one and common
words like sterling a sub-machi...
Looking for tweets for Quorn.