from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of several powerful Hindu landowning and military lineages inhabiting northern and central India.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Kshatriya Hindu caste
- n. An inhabitant of Rajasthan
- n. Any of an ethnic group in Pakistan and Northern India who converted to Sikhism or Islam as a result of the Sikh Wars
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a Hindu race, divided into numerous clans, who regard themselves as descendants of the ancient Kshatriya or warrior caste.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India
That was a mistake, for it called the Rajput's attention to what had been happening to his prisoner.
He was a Rangar, -- which is to say a Rajput who, or whose ancestors had turned Muhammadan.
Monty strode toward Rustum Khan; the Rajput was the first to speak.
The old name of Kshatriya is still commonly used in the Hindi form Chhatri, but the designation Rajput, or son of a king, has now superseded it as the standard name of the caste.
He is a Rajput, which is the aristocracy of the Mahrattas.
Police say Monica's brother and a cousin committed the murders because Monica's family belongs to the Gujjar caste while Kuldeep was a Rajput, which is considered higher in the caste system.
October 1st, 2009 Sushant Rajput aka Manav of Pavitra Rishta, resident of Delhi disclosed a truth which was hidden so far.
October 1st, 2009 Ratan Rajput aka Laali of Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo will be seen as a leading kabbadi player in the coming episodes.
September 14th, 2009 Ratan Rajput aka Laali of Agle Janam … is now at a difficult point of her life, as she has to save her so called "husband" Shekhar (Abhishek Rawat) from death by poison.
November 20th, 2009 more imagesAs reported before by Telly Cafe that Sushant Singh Rajput aka Manav of Pavitra Rishta enjoys loitering around with friends and takes a leave every Friday for an outing with his buddies now has no time for anything.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.