from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The period (1793-1794) of the French Revolution during which thousands of people were executed.
- n. A period of brutal suppression or intimidation by those in power.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See in Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any period of brutal suppression thought to resemble the Reign of Terror in France
- n. the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
Sorry, no etymologies found.