American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The period (1793-1794) of the French Revolution during which thousands of people were executed.
- n. A period of brutal suppression or intimidation by those in power.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (French Hist.) See in Dictionary of Noted Names in Fiction.
- n. any period of brutal suppression thought to resemble the Reign of Terror in France
- n. the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
“a soft little voice asked him suddenly, and he looked up to see the very reason why he had so wished to be in the drawing room — Jeanne Morisette, daughter of the Comte de Levisse, a royalist emigre who had fled from France during the Reign of Terror and lived in England ever since.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Reign of Terror’.
Age of Metternich, Black Legend, Cult of the Supre..., The Civilizing Mi..., The Eastern Question, The Great Patriot..., Absolutism, Act of Supremacy, Active Citizen, Americanization, Anarchism, Annex and 302 more...
Basic European history terms (excluding proper names of persons and places)
Looking for tweets for Reign of Terror.