from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rich velouté made with chicken stock, cream, and egg yolks. Also called sauce suprême.
- n. A dish made or served with this sauce, especially the breast and wing of chicken or other fowl. Also called suprême de volaille.
- n. A sherbet glass with a large bowl.
- n. A dessert served in such a glass.
- n. A container, such as a glass bowl, used for serving cold food in an inner container that nestles on crushed or cracked ice.
- n. Food served in such a vessel.
(Biologist Kenneth) Catania, working with laboratory assistant Fiona E. Remple, captured the elusive moles 'feeding behavior with a high-speed video camera.
This arrangement will "introduce into every subject in every grade a favourable portrayal of the homosexual lifestyle," says Remple -- and if the curriculum says that homosexual and other minority sexual practices are good, then, by implication, it is saying that the morality of Christianity and other religions is wrong.
- Meg Remple, Carl Temple, Nancy Strong, Michael Smith and Nicole Rosa
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.