from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Modern Greek.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The modern Greek language.
- adj. Of or pertaining to modern Greece, its inhabitants, or its language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to modern Greece, and especially to its language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the vernacular language of modern Greece, or to those who use it.
- n. The vernacular language of modern Greece, the popular modern form of ancient Greek, written in the ancient character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to modern Greece or its inhabitants or its language
- n. the modern Greek vernacular
Modern Greek Rhōmaikos, from Greek, Roman, from Rhōmē, Rome, from Latin Rōma.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)