from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive One who professes Roman Catholicism.
- n. A student of or authority on ancient Roman law, culture, and institutions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A student of ancient Rome
- n. A Roman Catholic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who adheres to Romanism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Roman Catholic; an adherent of the Church of Rome: used chiefly by opponents of that church.
- Belonging or relating to Romanism; Roman Catholic: as, the Romanist and the Protestant systems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or supporting Romanism
Sorry, no etymologies found.