American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northwest Georgia, a residential suburb of Atlanta. Population: 87,800.
- A city of southeast New Mexico southeast of Albuquerque. It is a trade and processing center in an irrigated farming region. Population: 45,600.
- n. A town in New Mexico, known for conspiracy theories that its Roswell Army Air Field has recovered UFOs and extraterrestrials.
- n. The most significant ufological event of a region.
- n. a town in southeast New Mexico
“ROSWELL - The Cavemen left the bases loaded twice and stranded seven runners overall in scoring position as they fell to Goddard, 5-4, Tuesday at the Goddard baseball field in Roswell.”
“ROSWELL - The Loving Falcons remained perfect in district play with an 18-1 victory against Gateway Christian Tuesday afternoon in Roswell.”
“Frets on Fire - Solo Compilation Part I ROSWELL The Naked Truth Revealed - Why Roswell, New Mexico in 1947”
“Such talk does not sit well with Julie Shuster, director of the International UFO Museum in Roswell, N.M., which attracts 150,000 visitors a year.”
“When you get done in Roswell, then hop on the bike and go to Albuquerque near Holloman Air Force Base, and then on down to White Sands rocket test ground.”
“Perhaps it is no coincidence that the New Destiny Church took up the torch in Roswell, New Mexico, a favorite locale of visiting aliens, before moving to the sublime climes of Colorado.”
“I was there at this meeting in Roswell, and the level of anger being thrown at Harry was extraordinary.”
““Are you telling me a spaceship really did crash in Roswell in 1947?” asked Dr. Ambien as he panned the badly damaged spaceship that had been laid out in the spacious hangar.”
“Condon told the interviewer that, after leaving the Army, he joined an organization called the New Mexico Defense Force, based in Roswell, according to an affidavit for an arrest warrant.”
“What next, Obama is really an alien from Mars and has his UFO secretly stashed away in Roswell, New Mexico.”
Looking for tweets for Roswell.