from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The patella, or kneepan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy and zoology: Same as patella, 2.
- n. One of the five radial pieces entering into the composition of the dentary apparatus of a sea-urchin, serving to connect the epiphyses of each of the five alveoli, and to furnish an articulation for each of the five radii or compasses. See lantern of Aristotle (under lantern), and cut under Clypeastridæ
- n. A small hard nodule embedded in soft parts of other echinoderms, as the calcareous rotulæ of some holothurians (Chirodotæ).
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of flat rotiform sea-urchins of the family Mellitidæ, having the test perforate and digitate.
- n. In music, a little rota or round; especially, a carol or song for Christmas.
Sorry, no etymologies found.