American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of southern India southwest of Chennai (Madras). It is a trade center with an important textile industry. Population: 693,000.
- A city of northeast Massachusetts northeast of Boston. Founded in 1626, it is noted as the site of witchcraft trials (1692) and of Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables. Population: 41,300.
- The capital of Oregon, in the northwest part of the state on the Willamette River south-southwest of Portland. Founded c. 1840, it became territorial capital in 1851 and state capital in 1859. Population: 152,000.
- n. The place of which Melchizedek was king, mostly identified with Jerusalem.
- n. Cities and other locations named for the Biblical place.
- n. a city in southern India
- n. a city in northeastern Massachusetts; site of the witchcraft trials in 1692
- n. capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River
- Biblical Hebrew שלם (Genesis 14:18). (Wiktionary)
“SALEM, SC - A drive down S.C. 11 in Oconee County will lead a traveler to Salem, a rural town where roads wind and wind, and where pavement will suddenly give way to dirt paths that lead to tucked-away houses.”
“► WINDER-BARROW 3, SALEM 2: At Conyers, Salem kept the Bulldoggs at bay for the first four innings, not allowing a hit.”
“SALEM: Under the Sarva Shisya Abhiyaan, poor students from Salem and Namakkal districts were taken on a free education trip to Chennai, Kancheepuram and Mamallapuram.”
“(SALEM, Ore.) - We at KWVT 17.1 & KSLM 27.1 here in Salem have had several people call asking for more information and instead of contacting each we have decided to post this information to all.”
“SALEM: Public Works Department (PWD) has decided to construct check dams at 8 places in Salem and Namakkal districts.”
“SALEM/NAMAKKAL: Heavy downpour did not dampen the sprit of Independence Day in Salem district as various institutions and fora hoisted the National tri-colour amid patriotic fervour and celebrated with cultural events on Sunday.”
“SALEM: The Petitions 'Committee of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly visited various parts of Salem and Namakkal districts and held review meetings on petitions they had received.”
“SALEM - A city man now jailed for his alleged involvement in several Salem shooting incidents was charged with a fourth count of attempted murder on Tuesday, authorities said.”
“SALEM - A Salem man has been charged with murder in connection with the shooting of a”
“SALEM: The Salem branch of the Tamil Nadu Sports Development Authority will conduct a district-level kabbadi event as part of the Samathuva Pongal celebrations at the Salem Mahatma Gandhi Sports Stadium at 8 a.m. on January 12.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Salem’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
proper pet names.
Looking for tweets for Salem.