from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the Society of Saint Francis of Sales, a Roman Catholic congregation founded in Turin in 1845 and dedicated chiefly to education and missionary work.
- adj. Of or relating to the Salesians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a Roman Catholic missionary society founded by Saint Francis of Sales in Turin
- n. A member of this society
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a Roman Catholic order of nuns: same as visitant.
Sorry, no etymologies found.