from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A municipal borough of southern England northwest of Southampton on the edge of Salisbury Plain, a chalky plateau that is the site of Stonehenge. The city was chartered in 1220 and developed around its noted cathedral. Population: 43,300.
- See Harare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Wiltshire, England.
- proper n. A town in Maryland, USA.
- proper n. The former name of Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capital and largest city of Zimbabwe
Sorry, no etymologies found.