from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Russia on the Volga River east-southeast of Moscow. Founded in 1586 as a stronghold to defend river trade and the eastern frontier, it was temporarily the capital of the USSR from 1941 to 1943. From 1935 to 1991 it was known as Kuibyshev. Population: 1,150,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Russia, the sixth-largest in the country by population.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dry, indehiscent, usually one-seeded, winged fruit, as that of the ash, maple, and elm; a key or key fruit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a dry, indehiscent, usually one-seeded fruit provided with a wing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple
Sorry, no etymologies found.