from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Papaveraceae — the bloodroots.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of plants of the Poppy family.
- n. The rootstock of the bloodroot, used in medicine as an emetic, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a genus of polypetalous plants of the order Papaveraceæ, the poppy family, and tribe Eupapavereæ.
- In zoology, in Illiger's classification (1811), a family of his Falculata, or mammals with claws, corresponding to the modern Felidæ, Canidæ, Hyænidæ, and part of the Viverridæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one species: bloodroot
Sorry, no etymologies found.