from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western El Salvador northwest of San Salvador. It is an important commercial, industrial, and processing center. Population: 164,000.
- A city of southern California east of Long Beach in the fertile valley of the Santa Ana River, about 145 km (90 mi) long. Santa Ana is a manufacturing and trade center for a large metropolitan area. Population: 340,000.
- n. A strong dry hot wind blowing from the desert regions of southern California toward the Pacific coast usually in winter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong hot dry wind that blows in winter from the deserts of southern California toward the Pacific Coast
- n. a city in western El Salvador
- n. a city in southern California to the east of Long Beach
- n. Mexican general who tried to crush the Texas revolt and who lost battles to Winfield Scott and Zachary Taylor in the Mexican War (1795-1876)
After the Santa Ana Canyon of southern California.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)