from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Bolivia northeast of Sucre. Founded c. 1560, it is the largest city in the country and a trade and processing center. Population: 1,110,000.
- A city of western California on Monterey Bay south-southwest of San Jose. It is a tourist center with varied processing and manufacturing industries. Population: 54,800.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city, county and mission in California.
- proper n. The native people from that area of California.
- proper n. The native people's language from that area of California.
- proper n. The largest city in Bolivia. (Full name: Santa Cruz de la Sierra)
- proper n. A city in Portugal.
- proper n. A city in Chile.
- proper n. A district in the Azores.
- proper n. A small place in New Mexico.
- proper n. A village in Trinidad and Tobago.
- proper n. A district in Manila Philippines.
- proper n. The capital town of Laguna Province Philippines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in central Bolivia
- n. a town in western California on Monterey Bay; a tourist center
In 1595 he undertook another voyage, keeping a more southerly course, and discovered the Queen Charlotte Islands; the largest of these, Nitendi, he called Santa Cruz, and gave the fitting name of Graciosa Bay to the lovely cove in which he anchored.
They sailed on August 24th of the said year from this port of St. Julian, and navigated a matter of twenty leagues along the coast, and so they entered a river which was called Santa Cruz, which is in 50°, where they took in goods and as much as they could obtain.
I rediscovered Ellis when I taught a term in Santa Cruz and then re-discovered him a couple of years later on a trip before I met you to New York.
We're hanging out here on the beach at Santa Cruz, which is full of people and seagulls and pelicans, and sailboats -- which my father would love -- on the water.
He had just come from visiting Camiri, a town in the department of Santa Cruz, which is the home of the opposition.
They took the kids for trips to the boardwalk at Santa Cruz, which is sort of like Coney Island in New York.
Topic B. Maddy and her friends are planning this trip to Santa Cruz, which is a complete pain in the butt.
There are foure other townes called Santa Cruz, Larotaua, Rialeio, and Garachico.
I worked as a teacher at U.C. - Santa Cruz, which is the most beautiful town in America.
Inside the harbour was another fort called Santa Cruz, well-built with 4 bastions and a moat, but provided with only a few iron guns and without
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.