from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The eastern branch of the Sioux, comprising the Mdewakanton, Sisseton, Wahpekute, and Wahpeton peoples, with present-day populations in Nebraska, Minnesota, the Dakotas, and Canada.
- n. A member of a people of this division. Also called Eastern Sioux, Santee Dakota, Santee Sioux.
- A community of southern California, a suburb of San Diego. Population: 52,500.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a Sioux group of Native Americans residing in the extreme east of the Dakotas, Minnesota, and northern Iowa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An East Indian land-measure, equal in some districts to as much as can be plowed by two bullocks in a season, and in others to what three or even four bullocks can plow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Siouan language spoken by the Santee
- n. a member of the eastern branch of the Sioux
Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 6 p.m. SANTEE - The Sheriff's Department announced Saturday that it had cracked a suspected graffiti ring in Santee that involved about 100 cases of vandalism.
SANTEE - The city of Santee has tapped Twitter and Facebook to lobby against the county's proposed $300 million expansion of the Las Colinas Detention Facility.
SANTEE - A 38-year-old man was in custody today after authorities found items commonly used to make pipe bombs in his home in Santee.
SANTEE: A man in a wheelchair was killed after being struck by a vehicle last night in Santee, the Sheriff's Department said.
SANTEE - A brush fire broke out Sunday afternoon in Santee near the Las Colinas Women's Detention Facility and Edgemoor Hospital, and firefighters wered ispatched to protect several mobile home parks in the area, a fire dispatcher said.
Then the follow up classic in Santee Cooper when everyone was busting out push poles and sight fishing?
Christmas without the specter of the cross, without awareness that this is a baby born to die for mankind's sins, is a fancied-up fraud, says Horton, professor of theology and apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, and associate pastor at Christ United Reformed Church in Santee, Calif.
At the Institute for Creation Research museum in Santee, a San Diego suburb, officials plan to enlarge its paleontological offerings.
Bank branch inside the Von’s grocery store in Santee on Aug, 28.
You are seeing a spot in Santee, which is near the high school, where students were either evacuated or told to go to wait for their parents to come and pick them up.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.