from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people made up of various primarily Creek groups who moved into northern Florida during the 18th and 19th centuries, later inhabiting the Everglades region as well, with present-day populations in Oklahoma and southern Florida. The Seminole Wars ended in the removal of the majority of the Seminoles to Indian Territory.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. Either of the Muskogean languages of the Seminole.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of a Native American people formed in the eighteenth century, now residing primarily in Florida and Oklahoma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a tribe of American Indians, allied to the Creeks, and formerly resident in Florida.
- Of or relating to the Seminoles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Muskhogean people who moved into Florida in the 18th century
- n. the Muskhogean language of the Seminole
A couple of liscensed trappers got him over in Seminole county years ago because he had all but lost any fear of humans.
Still, Enrique Rivera, an immigrant from Tijuana, Mexico, says the job is agreeable, even if life in Seminole is dull.
The company has struggled to find and keep employees despite unemployment that tops 10% in Seminole County.
Nearly a dozen tribal casinos or Indian bingo parlors in Seminole and neighboring counties offer similar wages — $9.50 to $16 an hour — for lighter work.
I live across the lake from the dam in Seminole County, GA.
Wake Forest soon got the ball back deep in Seminole territory when Ponder was intercepted by Kevin Patterson.
'At the risk of sounding a little crazy, I would like to mention to someone in Seminole gov't. that at 8 am Wed.
On Thursday, police arrested an Illinois man they said robbed a gun store in Seminole, Florida, as part of an attempt to "rescue Terri Schiavo."
The company moved to its current location in Seminole Square from the Downtown Mall in 1989, seeking a better space to display furniture.
(AP) - North Carolina State seems right at home in Seminole country.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.