from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the city of Shanghai.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Shanghai.
- n. The variety of Chinese spoken in Shanghai.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Shanghai.
- n. Inhabitant of Shanghai; person of Shanghainese descent.
- proper n. A dialect of Wu spoken predominantly in Shanghai.
Shanghai1 + -nese (as in Chinese).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shanghai + -ese (Wiktionary)