from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the predominantly Muslim people of Sind.
- n. The Indic language of Sind.
- adj. Of or relating to Sind or its people, language, or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sindh, the Sindhi language or the Sindhi person.
- n. A Sindhi-speaking person from or residing in Sindh.
- proper n. An Indo-Aryan language spoken in four main dialects in Pakistan. There are around 35 million Sindhi speakers in Sindh سنڌ and more than 40 million throughout the world. Sindhi is written with a modified Arabic script that has 52 letters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Sindh or its people or their language.
- n. A native of Sindh, or one whose native tongue is Sindhi.
- n. An Aryan language spoken principally in Sindh, India.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Sind
- n. the Indic language of Sind which is spoken also in western India
Arabic sindī, from Sind .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)