American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of the predominantly Muslim people of Sind.
- n. The Indic language of Sind.
- adj. Of or relating to Sind or its people, language, or culture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Sindh or its people or their language.
- n. A native of Sindh, or one whose native tongue is Sindhi.
- n. An Aryan language spoken principally in Sindh, India.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sindh, the Sindhi language or the Sindhi person.
- n. A Sindhi-speaking person from or residing in Sindh.
- n. An Indo-Aryan language spoken in four main dialects in Pakistan. There are around 35 million Sindhi speakers in Sindh سنڌ and more than 40 million throughout the world. Sindhi is written with a modified Arabic script that has 52 letters.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Sind
- n. the Indic language of Sind which is spoken also in western India
- Arabic sindī, from Sind . (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“( "Sindhi" anywhere in song below should imply "ML Sindhi and PK Jain") This is a prayer to singh the king Heading corrupt admin that really stings From DOT the pile of corrupt actor I could fix one assistant director Would you dismiss Sindhi Mr prime minister?”
“Pakistan has allways dominated over the other ethnic group such as Sindhi and Balluchis.”
“( "Sindhi" anywhere in song below should imply "ML”
“Linguistically most of Pakistan's languages are spoken in other parts of the South Asian subcontinent -- Punjabi, Sindhi and Urdu and before the separation of Bangladesh, Bengali.”
“We will never allow that," a Sindhi student at Karachi University told me.”
“The ruling party is also against the proposal as it mostly comprises of Sindhi politicians, including the current president of Pakistan.”
“When I asked about the Sindhi political parties' support for the division of Punjab, he said they were simply avenging the sixty year old dominance of the Punjabis.”
“Mohajirs have since compromised, and Sindhi has become a core part of the curriculum.”
“The decision to make Sindhi a mandatory school language caused severe rioting in the 1970s.”
“Sindhi, the dominant language of the province, is part of the curriculum beginning in the third grade.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Sindhi’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Sindhi.