from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A custom or trait peculiar to the Chinese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Chinese culture or custom
- n. A Chinese word or phrase that has entered the English language
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything peculiar to the Chinese; esp., a Chinese peculiarity in manners or customs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Chinese manners, customs, and principles collectively.
From Sinic, Chinese, from Medieval Latin Sīnicus, from Late Latin Sīnae, the Chinese; see Sino-.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sinic + -ism (Wiktionary)