American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The ninth month of the year in the Jewish calendar. See Table at calendar.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The third month of the Jewish sacred year and the ninth of the civil year, corresponding to the latter part of May and part of June.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The third month of the Jewish ecclesiastical year; -- supposed to correspond nearly with our month of June.
- n. the ninth month of the civil year; the third month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in May and June)
- Hebrew sîwān, from Akkadian simānu, a month name, from simānu, season, time; see wsm in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“On the PreCentral forum, a user going by the name Sivan says that he has returned four Pres for various problems with the hardware.”
“I am doing Cheers with Sivan, which is being produced by us.”
“Or, leaving aside for a moment the fact that it's been promoted most vigorously on white supremacist and anti-Semitic websites, let's go back to the Sivan Kurzberg story.”
“The date coincides with the 70th anniversary of the Jewish calendric date of Sivan 28 on which the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M.”
“It reminds me of what the Rebbe said at a gathering one year on the 28th of Sivan, "When you lift up a building, you've got to pry it up from the bottom.”
“My holiday is the 28th of Sivan, because that's the day 70 years ago we were not only given a chance for spiritual survival down here on the bottom half of the planet, but to actually get to feel like we are at the center of things!”
“Unlike any other day that I celebrate, the 28th of Sivan is about the shift from "over there" to "right here.”
“Celebrated filmmaker Santosh Sivan shot a promotional film that was shown at road shows across the world.”
“Yoav Sivan, an Israeli journalist, is a visiting scholar at New York University.”
“I honor Sivan Garr for producing the video "I Love You" and placing it in a public forum for all to enjoy.”
‘Sivan’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Sivan.