American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of ancient Palestine possibly located south of the Dead Sea. In the Bible, it was destroyed along with Gomorrah because of its wickedness and depravity.
- n. A place well known for vice and corruption.
- n. biblical, history A city in the Middle East destroyed in the Bible by the Hebrew God for the sins of its inhabitants.
- n. (Old Testament) an ancient city near the Dead Sea that (along with Gomorrah) was destroyed by God for the wickedness of its inhabitants
- n. any location known for vice and corruption
- From Ancient Greek Σόδομα, from the Classical Hebrew סדם (Sedom). (Wiktionary)
- After Sodom 1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Oliver Platt's performance as a high priest in Sodom is something to be seen to be believed.”
“From the Talmud, we learn that, in Sodom: A certain maiden gave some bread to a poor man, [hiding it] in a pitcher.”
“Remember Genesis indicates there were not ten righteous people in Sodom, and Ezekiel says Sodom, the people, were arrogant, overfed, and unconcern.”
“NPR posted the first five pages of the book, while Boing Boing has chapter 19, the story of Lot and his daughters in Sodom, as well as a video flip-through.”
“Phelps's message, apparently drawing on the biblical tale of Sodom, is that as long as the United States tolerates homosexuality Americans will suffer the same fate as the residents of Sodom.”
“And that's the story of how Jack saved Sodom from the Great Destruction.”
“The restoration of our beloved Sodom is promised by your God.”
“So, the Prime Directive of the Protocols of the Elders of Sodom is something akin to Kant's Categorical Imperative, with maybe a dash of Sartrean good faith: that the standard over-riding all others is that one must, with empathy in mind, use all one's ethical faculties in every situation in a passionate but reasoned attempt to make the best possible evaluation of the most ethical course of action.”
“Yes, Sodom is rising around us even as we speak, and we Libertines leave it in your more than capable hands to bring your Grand Project to fruition.”
“Also: "The Protocols of the Elders of Sodom" is a title begging for a story.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Sodom’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
Names of heavy / black / thrash / sludge / speed / death / glam metal + thrashcore bands + some basic vocabulary. There is a naming contest going on between Hell and Heaven.
People, places etc in Against Nature.
Looking for tweets for Sodom.