from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a breed of small, hornless sheep of English origin, having short, dense, fine-textured wool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a particular English breed of small sheep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the South Downs, a range of pasture hills south of the Thames, in England.
- n. A Southdown sheep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the South Downs in Hampshire and Sussex, England: as, Southdown sheep.
- n. A noted English breed of sheep; a sheep of this breed, or mutton of this kind. See sheep, 1.
After the South Downs .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
South Downs (Wiktionary)