GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) In the United States, a handsome mackerel having bright yellow round spots (Scomberomorus maculatus), highly esteemed as a food fish. The name is sometimes erroneously applied to other species. See
- n. a California food fish
- n. any of several large marine food fishes of the genus Scomberomorus
- n. flesh of commercially important fishes especially of the Atlantic coastal waters of America
- n. medium-sized mackerel of temperate Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Spanish mackerel’.
Looking for tweets for Spanish mackerel.