from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. senior
- abbr. señor
- abbr. Ecclesiastical sister (title)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of senior: as, John Smith, Sr.
- n. In chem., the symbol for strontium.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Sacrum Romanum Imperium, Holy Roman Empire.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Societatis Regiæ Socius, Fellow of the Royal Society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the unit of solid angle adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- n. a soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group; turns yellow in air; occurs in celestite and strontianite
- adj. used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son
Sorry, no etymologies found.