from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The flag of the United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nickname for the national flag of the United States of America.
- n. The national anthem of the United States of America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the popular name for the national ensign of the United States; also the name of a poem, the words of which were composed by Francis Scott Key, which was adopted as the national anthem of the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the national flag of the United States of America
From a description of the national flag in Defence of Fort McHenry by Francis Scott Key. (Wiktionary)