American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The flag of the United States.
- n. A nickname for the national flag of the United States of America.
- n. The national anthem of the United States of America.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. the popular name for the national ensign of the United States; also the name of a poem, the words of which were composed by Francis Scott Key, which was adopted as the national anthem of the United States.
- n. the national flag of the United States of America
- From a description of the national flag in Defence of Fort McHenry by Francis Scott Key. (Wiktionary)
“Now I realize that I am that Star-Spangled Banner myself, in a way.”
Looking for tweets for Star-Spangled Banner.