from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The flag of the United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nickname for the national flag of the United States of America.
- n. The national anthem of the United States of America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the popular name for the national ensign of the United States; also the name of a poem, the words of which were composed by Francis Scott Key, which was adopted as the national anthem of the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the national flag of the United States of America
To my mind, the Star-Spangled Banner is the best that can wave over it. "
I've heard "Hail to the Chief," I've heard the Star-Spangled Banner, many of the songs that you know so well when it comes to these kind of big celebrations.
Today, that Star-Spangled Banner, along with the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, are on display just a short walk from here.
Today, that Star-Spangled Banner, along with the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of
We then sang the Star-Spangled Banner, all standing and facing the piano, but watching to see if Fraulein sang, which she did.
Of songs, the Star-Spangled Banner, America, Marseillaise, and all moral and soul-stirring songs, but wishy-washy hymns are my detestation.
The Star-Spangled Banner is one the hardest songs to sing.
The Star-Spangled Banner at Goshen College -- a small Christian college with ties to the Mennonite Church.
American-born NSW Premier Kristina Keneally still gets sentimental when she hears the Star-Spangled Banner, US news reports say.
At WTTG, a Fox affiliate in Washington, the 11 a.m. newscast concluded with the signoff used when the station was a part of the old DuMont Broadcasting Network _ playing The Star-Spangled Banner, followed by a test signal.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.