- n. Sunda Islands, a group of islands in the western part of the Malay archipelago
- n. Sunda Strait, the strait between Java and Sumatra
- n. Sunda Shelf, part of the continental shelf of Southeast Asia
- n. Sundaland, a biogeographical region of Southeastern Asia
- n. a kingdom that existed in west part of Java island from the 7th century to the 16th century
- n. the Sundanese people
- n. the language of the Sundanese
- n. the Sundanese script
- n. Sunda Kommuna, a municipality in the Faroe Islands
- n. a clan (gotra) of Jats in India
- n. a clan (gotra) of Nath in India
- n. an Asura brother of Upasunda
- Indonesian Pasundan ("West Java") (Wiktionary)
“The word Sunda means clear, pure, and complete. just in case anyone cares.”
“The lawsuit was filed by mother-in-law Ruth Zafrin, her daughter, Shelley Edelman, and Shelley’s husband, Neil, and claims Sunda is spreading false, defamatory and racist lies, The Associated Press reports.”
“Near those islands [it is said is one called Sunda, which contains pepper.”
The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803 — Volume 03 of 55 1569-1576 Explorations by Early Navigators, Descriptions of the Islands and Their Peoples, Their History and Records of the Catholic Missions, as Related in Contemporaneous Books and Manuscripts, Showing the Political, Economic, Commercial and Religious Conditions of Those Islands from Their Earliest Relations with European Nations to the Beginning of the Nineteenth Century
“They are talking about some million year old species called Sunda Anemone that are on the brink of extinction due to the operations of the Itoku Drilling station.”
“What we now call Bali is just one promontory in a zone of shallow ocean and volcanic rock known as the Sunda Shelf, which includes also Java, Sumatra, Borneo, the Java Sea, and the Gulf of Thailand.”
“Unto this Nikumbha, were born two sons called Sunda and Upasunda.”
“This leopard is now known as the Sunda clouded leopard”
“The Sunda is the strait between the islands of Sumatra and Java.”
“Malayan pangolin (otherwise known as Sunda pangolin) are caught by smugglers largely in Malaysia and Indonesia then shipped to the black market in China where they are eaten or used for traditional medicine.”
“Lollapalooza, which will pack Grant Park with food and music August 6 through 8, will offer attendees food from popular local spots such as Sunda, The Southern, Big Star, Kuma's Corner and Graham Elliot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Sunda’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Sunda.