American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of southeast Sicily, Italy, on the Ionian Sea south-southeast of Catania. Founded by colonists from Corinth in the eighth century B.C., it reached the height of its power in the fifth century but fell to the Romans in 212. Population: 123,000.
- A city of central New York east-southeast of Rochester. Originally a trading post and saltworks, it is now a manufacturing and educational center. Population: 141,000.
- n. Province of Sicily, Italy.
- n. City and port in the province of Syracuse.
- n. A city in New York state.
- n. Small municipalities, each with less than 2000 inhabitants, in the American states of Indiana, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, and Utah.
- n. A type of red wine.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A red wine of Italy.
- n. a city in southeastern Sicily that was founded by Corinthians in the 8th century BC
- n. the Athenian siege of Syracuse (415-413 BC) was eventually won by Syracuse
- n. the Roman siege of Syracuse (214-212 BC) was eventually won by the Romans who sacked the city (killing Archimedes)
- n. a city in central New York
- Ultimately from Ancient Greek Συρακοῦσαι (Surakousai). (Wiktionary)
“SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse women's basketball team (18-7, 5-7) will attempt to break a two-game slide when it travels to -/rv Rutgers (15-11, 7-5) on Sunday, February 21 at”
“SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After playing two home games outside of the Carrier Dome due to the NCAA basketball tournament, the Syracuse women's lacrosse team returned indoors Sunday and opened Big East play with a 17-10 win over Rutgers.”
“SYRACUSE -- It is a growing March tradition in Syracuse.”
“SYRACUSE, N.Y. - For the third consecutive season, sixth-ranked Syracuse posted a victory in its BIG EAST opener, defeating Rutgers, 17-10, on Sunday, March, 28 in the Carrier Dome.”
“SYRACUSE -- Next week, thousands of fans, from potentially all over the country, will be coming to Syracuse so, local hotels are already mobilizing.”
“SYRACUSE -- The sixth-ranked Syracuse women's lacrosse team jumped out to an early lead, scoring the first six goals of the game, on its way to a 16-7 victory against No. 12 Stanford on Sunday, Feb. 21 in the Carrier Dome.”
“SYRACUSE - VILLANOVA TO MAKE NCAA HISTORY According to SUathletics. com, the official website of Syracuse University athletics, the Saturday, February 27 game between Syracuse and Villanova at the Carrier Dome is already a sell out.”
“SYRACUSE -- When Wes Johnson was asked what he thought Syracuse fans would remember most about him, he chose personality over performance.”
“SYRACUSE -- If you are traveling northbound on I-81 through Syracuse expect delays today.”
“SYRACUSE -- Basketball fans take over Syracuse and it's local businesses that are scoring big!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Syracuse’.
I like these words because I think they flow and sound okay
Looking for tweets for Syracuse.