American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Pueblo people located north-northeast of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Tanoan language of the Taos people.
- A town of northern New Mexico north-northeast of Santa Fe. It developed as an art colony after 1898 and has attracted many artists and writers, including John Marin and D.H. Lawrence. Population: 5,190.
- A pueblo of northern New Mexico northeast of the town of Taos. Population: 1,260.
- n. The Taos people, Taos Pueblo, New Mexico.
- n. The Taos language (Northern Tiwa) of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- n. The pueblo of the Taos Indians in New Mexico.
- n. The town of Taos (near Taos Pueblo, New Mexico)
- n. a member of the Pueblo people living in northern New Mexico
- n. an artist colony in northern New Mexico
- From Taos tə̂o ("village") [as in tə̂otho ("in the village") or tə̂obo ("to the village")] via Spanish Taos ("Taos") (Wiktionary)
“I know there's you guys, and the one in Taos is a really interesting place too.”
“DW: Well, there's definitely one in Taos that we've been hearing about for quite a long time, but I just feel like this is going to take off.”
“Stephanie of the QuickFire troupe in Taos, New Mexico, spins up a double fire hoop inferno.”
“Michael is a non-traditional architect who has been making houses out of non-traditional materials with his rag tag team of workers for the past 30 years in Taos New Mexico.”
“Our DSL has gone down here in Taos, and at about the same time my mailbox filled up.”
“This two-week workshop (in Taos, New Mexico in June), taught by”
“She calls on Saturday mornings when her friend is home in Taos, New Mexico, where it's an hour earlier than in Santa Lucía.”
“One afternoon I discovered a small, extraordinary collection of his paintings owned by a lively old Greek businessman in Taos, who displayed them in his office.”
“Wayne Bent faced a mandatory minimum sentence of three years and up to 18 years after being found guilty by a jury in Taos on Dec. 15.”
“TAOS, N.M. (AP) – Jurors in Taos on Monday convicted the leader of an apocalyptic northeastern New Mexico sect on one count of criminal sexual contact of a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Taos’.
A list of words which yield surprising, beautiful, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy images here on Wordnik.
In 2007, wired weird started a marvelous list:
Two words, one spelling, two pronunciations
Looking for tweets for Taos.