American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Dravidian language spoken in central India.
- n. A member of the Dravidian people who speak Telugu.
- adj. Of or relating to Telugu, its speakers, or their culture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who speaks the Telugu language. The Telugus number some 20,000,-000, and are one of the most important of the half-civilized Dravidian tribes of southern India. They occupy a considerable stretch of country north and northwest of Madras. Also called Telingas.
- n. The language of the district in the east of the Deccan inhabited by the Telingas: a Dravidian dialect. Also used adjectively.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A Darvidian language spoken in the northern parts of the Madras presidency. In extent of use it is the next language after Hindustani (in its various forms) and Bengali.
- n. One of the people speaking the Telugu language.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Telugu language, or the Telugus.
- n. a Dravidian language spoken by the Telugu in southeastern India
- n. a member of the people in southeastern India (Andhra Pradesh) who speak the Telugu language
- From Telugu తెలుగు (telugu). (Wiktionary)
“Shivapriya of My Cookbook uses the sunshine-hued pumpkin, called Gummadikaya in Telugu (the Andhra language) and cooks it into a beautiful, nutritious dal called Gummadikaya Pulusu.”
“The next U vegetable seems to have a fab following around the world - it is the potato, called Urlagadda in Telugu and Urulaikilangu or just Urulai in Tamil.”
“Ullipai is onion in Telugu, the language of Andhra Pradesh.”
“In addition to being a model, she has found herself starring in Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada language films, in addition to major Hollywood and Bollywood productions.”
“As other commentators mentioned, we call it “miriyala” rasam in Telugu, often drink it like soup.”
“Earlier, she made a reference to her acting career where she had paired as the leading lady with several actors in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Bhojpuri films.”
“The actress, who ruled the roost in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films from 1993 to 1997, revealed about the transformation in her life while speaking at a prayer meeting for film artistes organised in Chennai by Jesus Redeems 'ministries founder Bro.”
“He owns 21 television channels in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada and 42 FM stations in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi.”
“Tamil movie Endhiran has realized the worth of the star power of his movie and hence, decided not to sell the dubbed Telugu version for less than Rs 30 crores.”
“The actress, who ruled the roost in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films from 1993 to 1997, revealed about the transformation in her life while speaking at a prayer meeting for film artistes organised in”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Telugu’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Telugu.