from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Death as a personification or as a philosophical notion.
- n. Psychiatry See death instinct.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Ancient Greek God of peaceful or natural death.
- n. the death drive in Freudian psychoanalysis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the Greek personification of death; son of Nyx
- n. (psychoanalysis) an unconscious urge to die
Greek.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek Θάνατος (Thánatos). (Wiktionary)