from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Theban; Of or pertaining to Thebes, especially in the context of the Coptic scriptures.
- adj. Of or pertaining to opium.
- proper n. The Sahidic dialect of the Coptic language.
- n. An opium-based medication or tincture such as laudanum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Thebes in Egypt; specifically, designating a version of the Bible preserved by the Copts, and esteemed of great value by biblical scholars. This version is also called the Sahidic version.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as Theban.
Latin thebaicus (Wiktionary)