from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The theological and philosophical system of Saint Thomas Aquinas, a system that dominated scholasticism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The philosophy and theology of Thomas Aquinas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine of Thomas Aquinas, esp. with respect to predestination and grace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of the followers of Thomas Aquinas, an eminent theologian of the thirteenth century (died 1274).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the comprehensive theological doctrine created by Saint Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century and still taught by the Dominicans
Sorry, no etymologies found.