American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Mythology The Egyptian god of the moon and of wisdom and learning, usually represented as having the head and neck of an ibis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Egyptian divinity whom the Greeks assimilated to their Hermes (Mercury). He was the god of speech and hieroglyphics or letters, and of the reckoning of time, and the source of wisdom. He is represented as a human figure, usually with the head of an ibis, and frequently with the moon-disk and -crescent. Also
- n. The ancient Egyptian moon god of wisdom, learning, and magic, usually depicted as an ibis or baboon.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Myth.) The god of eloquence and letters among the ancient Egyptians, and supposed to be the inventor of writing and philosophy. He corresponded to the
Mercuryof the Romans, and was usually represented as a human figure with the head of an ibis or a lamb.
- n. (Zoöl.) The Egyptian sacred baboon.
- n. Egyptian Moon deity with the head of an ibis; god of wisdom and learning and the arts; scribe of the gods
“Carvings in the Word of Thoth, and gorgeous drawings of landscapes and coastlines, mountains and waterfalls.”
“Two of my star sign cards in Thoth are Pleasure and Debauchery.”
“Yesterday, one of the riders in Thoth proposed to his ladyfriend in the crowd.”
“The Callimachus Text is written in the Word of Thoth—a most ancient and complicated language.”
“It is a mysterious language known as the Word of Thoth.”
“And so he went in search of the one person in the world capable of reading the Word of Thoth: the Oracle of Siwa.”
“You were put here to decode the Word of Thoth, then to die for the eternal benefit of Father del Piero and his friends.”
“The Colossus entry is written in ‘Thoth I,’ the easiest dialect of the Word of Thoth.”
“Written across the bottom of the scroll were a few lines of text, not in classical Greek, but in another language: the cuneiform-like strokes of the Word of Thoth.”
“As they grow, they will learn to command their abilities, and when they are able to read the Word of Thoth, they will be able to decipher the Callimachus Text.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Thoth’.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
A list of mythological gods that people have worshipped throughout history (includes primordial dieties).
They can be animate or inanimate (male or female). 1 syllable words
Looking for tweets for Thoth.