from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Tineinae — clothes moths.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name applied to various skin diseases, but especially to ringworm. See ringworm, and sycosis.
- n. A genus of small Lepidoptera, including the clothes moths and carpet moths.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ringworm.
- n. A notable genus of moths, typical of the family Tineidæ and superfamily Tineina.
- n. A moth of this genus or some related one; a tineid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches
- n. type genus of the Tineidae: clothes moths
Sorry, no etymologies found.