from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of white grape originally grown near Tokaj (formerly Tokay), a town of eastern Hungary.
- n. A wine made from this grape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A grape of an oval shape and whitish color.
- n. A rich Hungarian wine made from Tokay grapes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rich and heavy wine, somewhat sweet in taste and very aromatic, produced in northern Hungary near the town of Tokay. It bears great age, and is esteemed as a sweet dessert- or liqueur-wine.
- n. A California wine made up and named in imitation of the above.
- n. A variety of grape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. variety of wine grape originally grown in Hungary; the prototype of vinifera grapes
- n. Hungarian wine made from Tokay grapes
Sorry, no etymologies found.