from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the northern sky near Aries and Andromeda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An autumn constellation of the northern sky whose brightest three stars form a small triangle. The constellation lies near Perseus, between Aries and Andromeda.
- proper n. The Triangulum Galaxy, a relatively nearby spiral galaxy to the Milky Way; M33.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ancient northern constellation in the form of the letter delta (δ). It has one star of the third magnitude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small northern constellation near Perseus between Andromeda and Aries
This circle represents the Milky Way, this one Andromeda, and Triangulum, both Magellanic Clouds, and so onâ€ ¦ OK, that should be enough.
The above photograph was taken over Neuchâtel, Switzerland, and captured the central band of our Milky Way galaxy, the Andromeda galaxy (M31), and the Triangulum galaxy (M33).
Triangulum was made in a 2 week seminar at the Utrecht School of the Arts.
Pécs, Hungary: 1995; Triangulum: three plays of puppetry.
In the Local Group, as elsewhere in the Universe, however, dwarf galaxies outnumber their larger, shapelier cousins, such as the Milky Way, the Andromeda and the Triangulum galaxies.
The first test images produced by the array are radio maps of the Andromeda Galaxy and the Triangulum Galaxy.
An Ohio State University astronomer and his colleagues have determined that the Triangulum Galaxy, otherwise known as M33, is actually about 15 percent farther away from our galaxy than previously measured.
In the autumn constellation Triangulum the Triangle, a spiral galaxy known as the Pinwheel (M33) harbors an enormous region of star formation within one of its arms.
But a lot of Triangulum space is like that, Jim thought, until you get in further.
In any case, the Senate has asked permission to send a diplomatic mission across the Zone into the space in the Triangulum area: six ships.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.